Sunday, November 6, 2011

Interesting packaging and and adverts from a pharmaceutical company

Today while I was browsing the Internet and eating cereal (my normal morning routine) I came across a thread talking about an interesting list of ingredients.




Each product has a unique ingredient list. For instance the one for allergies says "if you dislike pseudoephedrine sulfate, you will be happy to hear that Help, I have allergies, contains none. If you have no opinion on the matter, most likely you will not be happy or sad."

After perusing their website a little bit, I came upon their youtube page. Let's just say it's interesting.  On their main video they position themselves as "a new kind of drug company--a drug company that promises you less." Let's just have a look at two of their videos. They're unique...




Oh you think that video was interesting do you? Sure it was funny, but it had a message. This next one I found on their page is the most bizarre piece of work I've seen by them


I imagine this is for help's new 2cb product line help, I need to party and is probably not intended for minors.

These ads lead me to the question, are pharmaceutical companies allowed to be weird and quirky? I understand what helps trying to do with their idea of a drug company that sells you less. They sell the drugs unmixed with other drugs. Often times we see acetaminophen (Tylenol) mixed into drugs they ought not be mixed into. This can have adverse effects in a wide range of situations. Some people are allergic to acetaminophen, some people will drink while using these medicines, and others may use these drugs (especially the sleep aids) for recreation, and the acetaminophen will have adverse effects on their bodies. That isn't to say they don't sell acetaminophen, they just don't blend it with other products. 

I don't know what to make of this. I like it, but whether or not it will be effective with consumers who don't spend their time on the Internet looking at stupid shit all day is up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment